Mission Australia Early Learning: Understanding the Enterprise Agreement
Mission Australia is a well-known organization that operates across various sectors, including early childhood education. In their early learning division, Mission Australia provides quality early education and care to children under the age of five years. Like most organizations, Mission Australia has an Enterprise Agreement in place to manage employment terms and conditions for its employees.
In this article, we will dive deep into the Mission Australia Early Learning Enterprise Agreement, what it entails, and how it is beneficial to the employees.
What is an Enterprise Agreement?
An Enterprise Agreement is a written agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of employment for a group of employees. It is negotiated between employers and employees or their representatives. An Enterprise Agreement must meet all the legal requirements, including the National Employment Standards (NES) set by the Fair Work Commission in Australia.
What is the Mission Australia Early Learning Enterprise Agreement?
The Mission Australia Early Learning Enterprise Agreement outlines the employment conditions and entitlements for its employees across various roles, including teachers, educators, and administration staff. The agreement is in place for a period of three years, from 2019 to 2022.
The agreement covers several areas, including:
1. Wages and salaries: The enterprise agreement outlines the minimum and maximum salaries for various job roles. It also includes provisions for annual wage increases and bonuses.
2. Leave entitlements: The agreement covers various types of leave, including annual leave, sick leave, personal leave, parental leave, and compassionate leave.
3. Working hours: The agreement outlines the maximum number of working hours per day and week for employees.
4. Conditions of employment: This includes areas such as probationary periods, job security, and performance management.
What are the Benefits of the Mission Australia Early Learning Enterprise Agreement?
The Mission Australia Early Learning Enterprise Agreement is beneficial to its employees in several ways:
1. Job security: The agreement provides job security for employees by including provisions for job security, including dispute resolution procedures.
2. Fair wages: The agreement outlines fair minimum and maximum wages for employees, which are regularly reviewed and adjusted.
3. Leave entitlements: The agreement provides comprehensive leave entitlements for employees, allowing them to take time off when needed.
4. Better working conditions: The agreement outlines the maximum number of working hours per day and week, ensuring that employees are not overworked or burnt out.
The Mission Australia Early Learning Enterprise Agreement is a comprehensive agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for its employees. The agreement provides several benefits, including job security, fair wages, leave entitlements, and better working conditions. As an employee of Mission Australia Early Learning, it is essential to understand the Enterprise Agreement and how it applies to your job role.